WORLD STINGBALL® ASSOCIATION
ABOUT THE NOT-FOR-PROFIT GOVERNING BODY
During 2016, the World Stingball® Association ("WSA") was very pleased and proud to announce the funding support of Active Cheshire in order for sessions of Stingball® to be delivered to children and young adults, aged 11-25, in after school activity clubs around Warrington and Cheshire.
In accordance with the WSA strategy to work with County Sports Partnerships and other organisations in the UK, to help spread the word and get more people actively involved in playing Stingball, we are very pleased to say that we have received additional support from each of these organisations as well. During 2018, we intend to develop further, build more teams, recruit volunteers and start our coaching training schools such that the North-West and East-Midlands Leagues can truly get off the ground.
Sports governing bodies play a fundamental role in society and therefore adherence to good governance principles is fundamental for the fulfilment of their statutory objectives and broader social mission. As Stingball’s world governing body, the World Stingball® Association (“WSA”) is firmly committed to the principles of good governance, transparency and zero tolerance towards any wrongdoing.
To see the people of this world enjoying this fun, new sport and becoming more active as a result, without unfair prejudice to race, colour, age, sexual orientation or creed. The WSA is about promoting the standards of the game, encouraging fairness among the participants and helping to develop the skills of the players such that Stingball® will earn its rightful place in every sporting community.
Our mission is to bring fun and fitness to the masses via a fast and furious ball-game of excitement and social interaction! To be enjoyed by all ages (safely from age 6 and over) and abilities - a truly inclusive sport played by all. With an emphasis on employment, education and personal development for coaches, players and supporters alike; improved skills and regular activity leading to better health & fitness for all.
To introduce and then improve the game of Stingball® constantly and promote it globally in the light of its unifying, educational, sportsmanship, camaraderie, passion, cultural and humanitarian values, particularly through youth and development programmes.
To seek funding from Government and County Sports Partnerships to organise and deliver sporting activity to everyone who wants to play (from age 6 upwards) and become more active.
To organise its own regional, national and, ultimately, international competitions and to draw up regulations and provisions and ensure their enforcement. and to control every type of Association Stingball by taking appropriate steps to prevent infringements of the Statutes, regulations or decisions of the WSA or of the Laws of the Game.
To promote integrity, ethics and fair play with a view to preventing all methods or practices, such as corruption, doping or match manipulation, which might jeopardise the integrity of Matches, Competitions, Players, Officials, and Members or give rise to abuse of the sport of Association Stingball.
The WSA also vigorously combats racism or discrimination of any kind, promotes friendly relations between every person and organisation involved in the sport and obliges them to observe the Statutes, regulations, and principles of fair play.
The WSA commits to ensure that its rules are fair, clearly understood by players and officials, and properly enforced. The officers of the Association will make every effort to ensure that these rules are applied consistently and with absolute impartiality (see Charter & Consitution below).
Furthermore, the WSA will impress upon players and officials the need to maintain the highest standards of sportsmanship in the organization and playing of Stingball®.
The World Stingball® Association commits to donating 10% of its profits to mixed-use charities (sporting and non-sporting) and the remaining 90% of its profits shall be used in the development, promotion, and growth of the Stingball® sport throughout all areas of the world.
Team player kits
Register a Team
Register a University
Register a School (LittleStingers)
Recommend a Friend
Donations & Sponsors
Terms & Conditions
World Stingball® Association
© 2018 Stingball® | Licenced by World Stingball® Association, 2014 to 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material contained on this website without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stingball Ltd and World Stingball® Association with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
© 2018 Stingball® | Licenced by World Stingball® Association
® The written word Stingball® and all associated logos are registered trademarks and therefore protected worldwide.